Simple but effective, this dish gives the family a taste of Italy for half the effort. Succulent king prawns served with spaghetti and garlic and chilli pomodoro sauce.
300-400g raw Prawns
200g fresh tomatoes chopped
1-2 red chillies finely chopped
6 cloves garlic crushed
1 bunch parsley finely chopped
4-500g dried spaghetti or linguini
Salt & Pepper to taste
Recipe by @simplyfoodbymandy
1. To start, bring a large pan of boiling water to the boil. Season with salt as desired.
2. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, peel and finely chop the garlic into small pieces. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan, then toss in the garlic until soft.
3. When the garlic has softened, remove the pan from heat to avoid burning.
4. Whilst off the heat, finely chop the chilli and crumble into the pan. Chop the tomatoes and add to the sauce.
5. Place the frying pan back on to the heat to simmer for a couple of minutes. Stir ingredients until softened. Add seasoning if desired.
6. To make the pasta, add a pinch of salt into the boiling water. Add the spaghetti and boil by following 2-3 minutes less than packet instructions to cook al dente. Reduce the heat and bring to a simmer.
7. While the pasta is cooking, increase the heat of the sauce mixture, toss the prawns into the saucepan and stir; frying until pink. 8. Finely chop the parsley.
9. When the pasta is ready, remove from the hob and drain it in a colander, reserving a little of the cooking water and set aside.
10 Take off the heat, and toss the spaghetti into the sauce, add half the parsley and the reserved cooking water ensuring all the pasta is covered.
11. Serve a generous amount in bowls, finally adding a few leaves of the remaining parsley to garnish.