Kale Pesto Linguini
In need of a hearty dish? Turn to this comforting pasta. Al dente noodles are tossed in a quick tomato cream sauce and finished with lots of chopped fresh basil and grated Parm for the kind of meal the whole family can agree on. It will put a smile of everyone’s face, no matter the kind of day they had.
75g pine nuts
75ml olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
75g parmesan or similar hard cheese, grated
1 lemon, finely chopped, seeds removed
Salt and pepper to taste
Large handful of Kale"
Recipe by @amummytoo
1. Put the linguine on to cook in a large pan of boiling, salted water. Aim to cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on how much bite you prefer.
2. Meanwhile, warm a pan over a medium heat and toast the pine nuts for a couple of minutes until golden. Keep an eye on them and keep shaking/stirring as they can easily burn.
3.Remove the pine nuts from the pan and set aside to cool.
4. Put 1/2 tbsp olive oil in the pan. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for 1 minute until just colouring. Add the basil and kale and stir fry for a 1-2 minutes until just wilted.
5. Put the pine nuts, parmesan, cooled kale mix and remaining olive oil in a food processor and pulse until you have a coarse pesto. If your food processor bowl is large, you may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula a few times to get everything chopped.
6. Spoon the pesto into a bowl stir in the preserved lemons. Season to taste. The lemons are typically salty, so you may only need pepper.
7. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the pesto and fold through.